Marine Conservation Internships Abroad
Marine conservation internships contribute to your professional development and enhance your access to careers in marine biology, conservation, and the diving industry.
GVI offers international marine conservation internships on remote research bases in Mexico, Seychelles, Fiji, and Thailand, that provide unique experiences and a direct impact on your employability, whether in the marine world or not!
As an intern, you collect data to help establish community-managed Marine Protected Areas in Fiji; conduct surveys on the various coral and fish species in Mexico; and perform recovery research in the Seychelles.
Apart from these internships we now also have a range of marine conservation volunteer programs and other programs specifically for students looking to travel and join a gap year volunteering program abroad to make a real difference in the world. Take a look at what some of our previous volunteers have to say about their GVI experience.
GVI also provides Professional Dive Training on our Divemaster Internships, Instructor Development Course (IDC) and Master Scuba Diver Trainer course (MSDT). These internships give you unique access to the world of professional diving and / or marine conservation, and include placements at local dive centers that expand your knowledge of marine conservation, diving, and the day-to-day operations of dive centres.
Complete a GVI marine conservation internship abroad and gain:
- Practical experience leading a specific ocean/marine life research-based project, via one-on-one mentorship
- Comprehensive field training, and staff mentorship/evaluations
- Increased knowledge on the ocean’s ecosystem
- Experience in policy-making and conducting research for ocean conservation
- Leadership skills from our GVI Leadership Training Course that prepares you for a career in or out of the field
- Improved diving capacities and dive-shop operational experience
- Access to the marine conservation or diving industry
Download our program brochures