Located on the Western coast of South America, Peru is known for its cultural history and its incredible fusion cuisine. You’ll be based in the city of Cusco, a metropolitan city at an altitude of 3400 meters. Your role will be to help communities in the city to enhance children’s access to education; increase women’s awareness of their rights; and assist the neighbourhood with completing development projects they have identified as important.
Depending on the community’s needs at the time, interns will be assisting our project partners to develop both the infrastructure and the quality of education in order to bring a better quality of life to the local community.
All GVI internships are geared at developing your leadership skills, allowing you to develop a variety of key soft and hard skills that will put you a step ahead the rest of the pack. GVI have been running community development, education, and conservation projects since 1998 and our highly experienced field staff will help you gain and improve vital skill sets to improve your future job prospects.
- Contribute towards sustainable community development initiatives, specifically contributing towards the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
- Comprehensive staff mentorship, feedback and evaluation
- Develop and enhance your leadership skills
- Increase your confidence in public speaking by teaching at a local school
- Get involved with implementing water protection plans
- Help the local community with tourism development initiatives
- Gain hands-on, international experience to boost your resume
- Make a difference in the lives of the local community, alongside our partners in Peru
- Meet participants from across the world - Improve your Spanish language skills - Immerse yourself in the local Peruvian culture